TAB Job Summary
EarthSmart Controls is looking for an experienced TAB TECHNICIAN/HVAC Controls Technician. Seeking energetic self-starter with a passion to learn.
- The ideal candidate will bring innovative thinking and a passion for integrated design.
- Perform all testing and balancing functions on air and water systems using specialized equipment software and NEBB balancing procedures.
- Test and balance HVAC systems using established NEBB procedures with company-provided testing equipment and manufacturer software.
- Duties include measuring and adjusting water, airflows and recording operating data, such as current, voltage, RPM, model and serial number.
- Read and interpret system blueprints, specifications, and performance data to analyze system performance for compliance with contract documents. Isolate problems and implement adjustments where necessary.
- Controls/Automation experience is not required, but good PC computer skills are necessary.
- Coordinate closely with other construction trades, such as electrical, mechanical, and temperature control contractors, as well as design team.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully fulfill the job requirements as summarized above.
- Knowledge of and experience with typical HVAC systems and TAB industry tools. Trade school or 3 years industry experience preferred.
- Possess an NEBB TAB technician certification as required for this position.
- Proficient in general math skills required to use NEBB Test and Balance formulas.
- Able to maintain a professional appearance and consistently communicate in a clear, professional manner, both verbally and in written communications.
- Availability to serve customer needs by responding quickly and willing to potentially working overtime, varied shift hours, and out-of-town when needed.
- Candidate must have a clean driving record, be free of any felony convictions, and able to pass federal background checks as required to work on secure government facilities.